An update from the Chief Executive
Dear Friends and Supporters,
I wrote an update last week, but things have been moving quickly so I wanted to keep you up to speed with what is happening here at Purfleet Trust.
Firstly, I hope that you and your loved ones are all in good health, in these uncertain and unprecedented times. I would like to thank each one of you who has been in contact and supported us over the last few weeks. Things have been very busy here and your support has meant a lot to us in these challenging times.
Over the last few days we have been working with the Borough Council to move 26 homeless and vulnerable people into accommodation where they will be able to effectively follow the government guidelines on social distancing. We are expecting these numbers to rise to over 30 in the next few days. Whilst in this accommodation we will be providing regular deliveries of food and essentials. There will also be support workers on hand to help with any concerns.
As one of the largest providers of homelessness services in West Norfolk we are doing everything we can to keep our clients safe and well. People experiencing homelessness often also experience poor health and a situation like the current global pandemic can impact them more significantly.
We are still here and working through this crisis and our team are dedicated to ensuring each vulnerable person we work with has the right support in place. In order to continue to provide this support and as the demand grows, we are asking for your help. If those of you that are able can help by donating funds or purchasing supplies on our Amazon Covid-19 Appeal List this will make an enormous difference to the most vulnerable in our community.
Donations we receive will be used to fund the additional services and needs arising from the current situation. This includes:
- Providing breakfast and lunch deliveries each day to 26 people who have just been moved into accommodation
- Providing clients with regular updates on information from Public Health England through leaflets, posters and direct messages
- Fresh food packages to our six training houses
- Support to access advice on welfare and benefits
- Providing materials such as books, art activities to keep people occupied whilst isolating which is very important to mental wellbeing
- A dedicated support line for our clients to call with any worries, concerns or if they need to talk to combat loneliness when isolating
- Extra support from our employability coach for those in work as they are likely to need ongoing advice as situation changes
- Covering extra fuel costs as we will be out and about all day delivering goods to clients
If you are able to support, you can do so by:
• Donating here or
• Buying an item on our Amazon Covid-19 Appeal List here
If you can’t donate at this time you can still help by sharing either of the links above with your network on social media.